Friday, March 14

Genetics

Genetics is a study of the function and behavior of genes. It is also the study of heredity, reproduction, evolution, and the development of all forms of life. Genes are bits of biochemical instructions found inside the cells of every organism that control how every living creatures appears, how it functions, how it reproduces, and even partly how it behaves.

Genetics is a branch of biology which we have studied this school year 2007-2008. As what our Biology teacher said, Genetics is really interesting. How Genetics became interesting to me? Well, simply because it answered the questions and mysteries that linger in my head about life. In life, there are many mysteries happen. Most people live their life being contented by just living and fulfilling their needs and wants. But in Science, there is no contentment. That’s why studying of Genetics occur. Genetics taught me many things that inspired me to understand more the real meaning of life. Genetics showed me how genes are passed on to the next generations. In Genetics, I’ve learned that, variations in our community that make all organisms survive depend on our own genes.

Studying Genetics made my eyes open to a whole new meaning of life. I have learned how to identify data of the incoming child of a couple given their traits or even the traits of their parents. I was able to have knowledge in knowing what would be the possible traits an animal or a man would have. Genetics made me see how aberrations in chromosomes occur in some people and how it affected their lives. Genes are very important to every individual. It makes every people unique and different from others.

By: Darelene C Magnaye

No comments: